Battlefield.no
Sign in to follow this  
Undertow

Tool - 10.000 Days

Kabir på Toolshed har fått høre på Tool - 10.000 Days:

The album does not wait. Unlike the past four Tool records ("Opiate", "Undertow", "Ænima", "Lateralus"), this one does not feature white space at the top. "Vicarious" hits you immediately. I am pretty sure that everyone is going to think it is entirely outstanding, a perfect way to get back into Tool. It seemed to be in 10/4, and for that and other reasons reminded me of "The Grudge." I'm sure radio will try to cut it down, but do not give in to them. This is one of the best tracks I've heard in a long long time.
"Wings for Marie" is really incredible. I was struck by the thought that it picks up right where "Reflection" left off. My host graciously explained to me, as it tailed off, that "that was part 1, this is part 2" -- and then turned the bass down a little because it was getting deeper. "10,000 Days" was also incredible. They remind of "Third Eye", "No Quarter", "Reflection", but in an entirely more intricate way. Ten years ago we all thought "Third Eye" was really really intense. I am pretty sure these two will rewrite your expectations of future epics.
The guitars sound really sharp and loud. The bass sounds fantastically punchy, and sometime sounds like it does in the opening seconds of "Forty-Six & 2." Drums keep on trying new things, new instrumentations, new voices, new synths even; and keep on sounding incredible. Vocals seem to be pulled down a little overall, but this does add an element of "Undertow"-esque "what is he saying" fun.

Les alt her.

Jeg gleder meg som en unge til det kommer ut. Singel på mandag biggrin.png

Ohohohoho, det hjalp IKKE på utålmodigheten min! Fryyyysninger :)

\/ \/ Blir før-gave på meg. Bursdag på torsdag smile.png

Gleder meg sykt! Sinnsykt fett at den første singelen kommer ut på min bursdag...

" This song is dedicated to Feltus "

fy faen så tool den sangen var, skal sette av en dag til å røyke litt nydelig gress og kose meg med den cden ass... mmmmm

Jeg er ikke lengre enn 1 minutt ute i sangen, og jeg sitter med verdens største glis...

edit: ... og der var sangen ferdig, og gliset mitt ble faktisk enda større. My jaws hurt!

Hohoho, forelska i albumet etter bare første singelen! Dette lover så utrolig bra! :)

Den nye låta var helt utrolig forbanna jævla fuckings bra, og for en konge avsluttning. Håper resten blir som dette ' />)))))

PS. Genialt trommespill... :)

SPOILER: Unofficial lyrics
Vicarious

Eye on the TV cuz tradgedy thrills me,

Whatever flavor, it happens to be like.

Killed by the husband, drowned by the ocean,

Shunned by his own son he use to poison.

In his dream,

He kissed goodbye.

That's my kinda story.

It's no fun until someone dies.

Don't look at me like I am a monster.

Thrown out your one face,

But with the other.

Stare like a junkie into the TV.

Stare like a zombie,

While the mother holds her child.

Watches him die.

Pleads to the sky crying,

"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance.

Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.

You all needn't choose your own lie.

Why can't we just admit it?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'.

Neither the brave nor bold were writing the stories so,

We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'.

I need to watch things die... from a good safe distance.

You all feel the same, so...

Blood like rain come down.

Drownin the grave and ground.

Part vampire.

Part warrior.

Carnivore and voyeur.

Still have the transmittor.

Sing to the death rattle.

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie (x4)

Could you at least admit that your desire to believe,

The angels in the hearts of men.

Pull your head on out,

Your head believes so give a listen.

Shouldn't have to say it all again.

The universe is hostile,

So impersonal.

Devour to survive, so it is,

So its always been.

We all feed on tragedy.

It's like bood to vampire.

Much better you than I.

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie (x4)

smerte sad.png

1342392[/snapback]

Kvi?

Ingen ting galt med den delen. Gjennomført temmelig godt. Vokalen generelt er mye lavere og blander seg mer inn med resten av musikken på Vicarious.

Mange analyserer sangen såpass at den lave vokalen faktisk får en underliggende mening.

Sett i forhold til teksten er ikke dette umulig, og man kan jo aldri vite helt sikkert med Tool...

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie (x4) var ikke så ille som man kanskje skulle tro. Jeg liker det i hvert fall smile.png

Guest (-1)
Mange analyserer sangen såpass at den lave vokalen faktisk får en underliggende mening.

Sett i forhold til teksten er ikke dette umulig, og man kan jo aldri vite helt sikkert med Tool...

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie (x4) var ikke så ille som man kanskje skulle tro. Jeg liker det i hvert fall smile.png

1342421[/snapback]

men trodde Maynard som har levert fantastiske tekster til nå, ikke ville kjøre en slik sak. Ellers er jo låten grisefet, kanskje jeg er litt for kritisk i utgangspunktet, lastet ned denne igår og trodde faktisk ikke det var tool engang. Dette klippet , er det likheter?

Jeg har ikke hørt den før, så det er ikke Vicarious. Gitaren på 50 sek minner om Tool,

men jeg skal ikke si noe sikkert. HER er i hvert fall de første 30 sekundene av Vicarious.