Battlefield.no
Sign in to follow this  
Ghad

FAQ: Ofte stilte spørsmål og svar om Red Orchestra

Oftestilte spørsmål om RO

Nå som RO:O endelig har blitt sluppet er det en del spørsmål som går igjen.

Derfor har vi laget en FAQ du kan lese her. Finner du ikke svare på det du lurer på, spør.

1274815[/snapback]

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 er nå tilgjengelig for kjøp og nedlasting via Steam. Vi har samlet sammen noen av de mest spurte spørsmålene om dette kommende spillet, som skiller seg fra røkla av WWII fps ved at det legger opp til mye mer realisme enn hva som er vanlig

Er spillet standalone?

JA. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 er et stand alone spill. Man trenger altså ikke noe annet spill for å kunne spille Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Det er viktig å skille mellom Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 og Red Orchestra: Combined Arms. Sistnevnte er modden som man trenger UT2004 for å spille.

Hva skiller det fra andre wwii spill, og fps spill generelt?

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 er et spill som tar sikte på å være realistisk og banebrytende i den forstand. Man har ingen cross-hair som man har i andre spill, man dør lettere og man har et realistisk stamina-system (utholdenhet). Dette betyr at det er vanskeligere både overleve og drepe fienden. Spillet har en høy lærekurve i forhold til de fleste FPS-spill.

Hva koster det, hvor kan jeg få tak i det?

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 kan man laste ned ved hjelp av Steam og koster da 24.95 dollar (eller ca 152 norske kroner). Spillet kommer også i butikkene, men da vil det sannsynligvis koste mer. Det er heller ikke bekreftet at spillet kommer i butikkene her i Norge. Spillet kommer i mars, mer enn det vil ikke utviklerne si.

Kommer Battlefield.no til å ha publicservere?

Battlefield.no/Redorchestra.no tester for tiden servere til RO. Det vil være gratis å benytte seg av publicservere til Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

Finnes det noen treningsmode?

Det finnes treningsvidoer her, og det finnes en single player mode med håpløse bots.

På Wikipedia.org finnes det en utfyllende FAQ om RO:O, på engelsk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Orchestra...front_41-45_FAQ

Red Orchestra - Ostfront 41-45 FAQ

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This a general FAQ (Frequently asked Questions), about the Game Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 from Tripwire Interactive. It is meant to answer Questions which often arise and give general information about the Gameplay.

Q: Why do the tracers look like lasers in the trailer? And were they really that green?

A: Yes, Russians did use bright green tracers, plus part of the reason the tracers look like "beams" is simply because of framerates. The video runs at 24 fps, whereas in-game it runs around 50+ fps, and you don't see them as "beams". (info courtesy of Alan/Wilsonam)

Q: Will there be Anti-Cheat Measures/Program coming with the Retail Game ?

A: Yes there will be a robust cheat protection, details are soon to be announced.

Q: Will there be a demo of Ostfront?

A: There will be a demo, whether prior to the release or afterwards is not yet decided and depends if the making of the demo interfers with the currently planed releasedate.

Q: Do I have to have Unreal Tournament 2004 installed in order to play it?

A: No, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a stand-alone game. The only thing you need to have installed is Steam.

Q: What is the maximum Amount of Players for a Server ?

A: The Maximum supported is 32 Players.

Q: I tend to have pings up to 100ms to North American Servers. Will I be at a severe disadvantage ?

A: No the netcode of Red Orchestra - Ostfront was designed to make it playable without a disadvantage for a ping of up to 200ms.

Q: What is Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 about ?

A: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a WWII FPS focusing on the Eastern Front, and the fight between German and Russian infantry and tank forces. Its is a multiplayer game with bot support for singleplayer practice on multiplayer maps.

Q: Will Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 be based on the Source engine, like the other games available on steam?

A: No, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is based on a greatly improved version of Epic's Unreal Engine 2.5.

Q: Is RO-Ostfront hard to learn ?

A: Some FPS Games tend to utilize fantastic weapons or forego a realistic gameplay in favor of a lower learning curve. RO-Ostfront is a realistic simulation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front in Europe in the First Person View. But the learning curve is far lower then most flight simulations featuring modern fighters/helicopters. With realistic gameplay its not the controls one has to learn, its more that one has to learn different tactics.

Q: Can I train offline to practice before I enter a public server ?

A: Yes, its possible not only to get a look at the maps while offline, but also to fight against bots to get used to the different gameplay. These bots can also control vehicles.

Q: What sort of gameplay types are there?

A: Games focus on capturing objectives, similar to the flag system in DoDS and BF2. However, these "capzones" aren't set zones around a flag, but rather important regions of the map determined by the mapper. These can include an important building, a system of trenches, a key bunker, or even an entire village. Objectives can be tied to each other, so that its necessary to control certain ones before being able to capture another.

In addition, objectives can be set in two major types: meeting engagement and assault. In meeting engagement some or all of the objectives start out uncontrolled, and both sides fight to control all of them in order to win. In assault all objectives are initially held by one side, which has to defend them from the other team.

Recently satchel objectives have been introduced, where a special sapper class has to plant explosives on an objective in order to cap it. These can be antitank emplacements or barriers blocking an attackers progress, like doors or "hedgehogs."

[

Questions about the purchase and Requirements of Red Orchestra

Q: How do I get my Hands on a Copy of RO-Ostfront 41-45 ? And how much will it cost ?

A: You will be able to download it via Steam (24,95$), or buy it in stores in a box (MSRP for the Box: $29.99). The box will be avaible in March 2006, and will be published by "Bold Games" (www.boldgames.com). Bold Games will publish the game worldwide, though there will be different names appearing at the box since Bold Games will use different companies in different countries as Distribution Channel. One will still need a free Steam account to update and play RO-Ostfront, but no creditcard will be required. The release date of the Steam version is currently unknown, but will not be much different then the boxed version, currently pre-order and pre-load on Steam is avaible which puts the release somewhere in early March 2006.

Q: Do I need to pay for Steam ? And where do I get it ?

A: Steam is a free download/update Software for games (mostly used by Valve), and can be downloaded at the Steam website, though you still have to pay for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, which you can either do with buying it over Steam, or buying a boxed version in a shop.

Q: Do I have to pay for it if I own a Game already distributed via Steam ? Or do i get a discount ?

A: As Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a standalone, you have to pay for it, just like you'd have to for any other stand-alone game. There is a discount of $2.50 for ordering it over Steam, however.

Q: What are the System requirements for the Game ?

A: Minimum: CPU: 1.2 GHZ or equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: 64 MB DX9 Compliant, 2 GB free hard drive space, DX 8.1 Compatible Audio, Windows 2000/XP Recommended: CPU: 2.4 GHZ, Video Card: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support, Sound Card: Eax Compatible

Gameplay Questions

Movement related Questions

Q: Will I be able to sprint?

A: Yes, you can sprint while upright or crouched, this is faster but you need some time before you're capable of firing your Weapon after releasing the sprint button. You can't fire while sprinting, and it reduces your stamina (state of stamina can be checked by listening to ones own breath), stamina regains even while walking (albeit VERY slowly), best rate of rest is while being still and not using ironsights. Due to the momentum system it takes a moment for your avatar to slow down from sprinting.

Sound and Special Effect Related Questions

Q: Will there be background sound (e.g. artillery, mg, smg fire) in the maps for a more immersive atmosphere?

A: Usually the Game doesn't create a Background sound, everything you hear is live on the map, RO uses a sound system that makes weapons sound different in the distance, making it really sound like you're in a war. Some maps feature background sounds, artillery, FlaK fire, MGs... etc.

Q: Will there be blood or dismemberment in Red Orchestra - Ostfront 41-45 ?

A: Yes there are blood effects, and heavy hits can cause extremities to be cut off.

Class and Weapon Related Questions

Q: What classes can I play ?

A: This depends upon the map which is played, since the objectives vary, and depending upon when the battle, after which the map was modelled, did take place. I'll shortly list the classes and give that short info on which maps they can be found and what equipment they can employ.

* Rifleman: Bolt action rifle, with grenades. Can be found on nearly every map, without limitation.

* Semi-Auto Rifleman: Semiautomatic rifle, most of the time with grenades, most found on late war maps, but usually no more then 2-3 per side, seldom more and never unlimited.

* SMG-Trooper: SMG, most of the time with grenades. Can be found on nearly every map, most of the time up to three per side, seldom more, sometimes in late war scenarios unlimited amount per side.

* MG-Gunner: MG, usually with a pistol and grenades. Can be found on nearly every map, most of the time limited to one or two per side, never unlimited amount.

* Sapper/Engineer: Rifle or SMG, grenades and sometimes with a pistol. Can be found on all maps with destructable objects (road blocks, doorways and tanks), not avaible on all tank maps, but most. Number per side varies between two and four.

* Anti-Tank Infanterist: Anti-Tank weapon, SMG (sometimes a pistol instead of SMG) and sometimes grenades, can be found on every tank map. Can be unlimited but is mostly limited to 2-4 per side.

* Commander: SMG (rarely rifle), pistol, grenades and binoculars. Can be found on nearly every map, seldom more then one per side, and then mostly only two. Can call in artillery and place rally points. More to that in the next question.

* Tank Crew: Pistol, sometimes with an SMG, and seldom additional grenades. Can be found on every tank map, on Combined Arms maps limited to two, on "pure" tank maps they are unlimited per side.

* Tank Commander: SMG, pistol, binoculars and sometimes with grenades. Can be found on all tank maps, very rarely unlimited. The Tank Commander can call in artillery, and place rally points in the same way as the Commander.

Q: Will there be health packs or a medic?

A: No, there is no quick way to regain health or stamina, albeit when hit in a leg, you won't limp for the rest of your life. Currently there is no bleeding in the game, so you won't bleed to death.

Q: What weapons are avaible ?

A: This is a list of currently implemented weapons:

* Germans:

o Bolt Action Rifle: Kar98k (5 shots/9 extra ammo strips), Kar98 scoped (5 shots/9 extra ammo strips)

o Semi Automatic Rifle: G43 (10 shots/5 extra magazines), G43 scoped (10 shots/5 extra magazines)

o Pistols: P08 Luger (8 shots/4 extra magazines), P38 Walther (8 shots/4 extra magazines)

o Submachine Gun: MP40 (32 shots/5 extra magazines), Stg44 (isn't a SMG but is an automatic) (30 shots/5 extra magazines)

o Machine Gun: MG34 (50 shots/4 extra magazines*), MG42 (100 shots/1 extra magazine*)

o Grenades: Stielhandgranate 39 (usually two per soldier)

o Anti-Tank Weapon: Panzerfaust (usually three are carried at once), Sprengladung (usually two are carried at once)

* Russians:

o Bolt Action Rifle: Mosin-Nagant 1930G (5 shots/9 extra ammo strips), Mosin-Nagant 1930G scoped (5 shots/9 extra ammo strips), **Mosin-Nagant 1938G (5 shots/ 9 extra ammo strips)

o Semi Automatic Rifle: SVT 40 (10 shots/6 extra magazines), SVT 40 scoped (10 shots/6 extra magazines)

o Pistols: TT33 (8 shots/4 extra magazines)

o Submachine Gun: PPSh41 (71 shots/4 extra magazines), PPS43 (35 shots/4 extra magazines), PPD40 (71 shots/3 extra magazines)

o Machine Gun: DP/DT 1928 (50 shots/4 extra magazines*)

o Grenades: F1 Grenade (usually two per soldier)

o Anti-Tank Weapon: PTRD 14,5mm Anti-Tank Rifle (1 shot/14 reloads), 10lb Satchel (usually two are carried at once)

*Teammates carry additional Reloads for this Weapons

Q: Will I be able to pick up another weapon (e.g. a panzerfaust when I play as a rifleman) as additional "equipment" or will I loose one weapon (e.g. the rifle)?

A: Currently one can carry one primary weapon (SMG/MG/Rifle/Anti-Tank Weapon), one optional secondary weapon (a pistol or in case of Anti Tank Infantry, a SMG), and optional grenades (depends upon class/map). In the above case the Panzerfaust would go into the secondary slot. Panzerfausts are unique in this system cause they can either go to the primary or secondary slot.

Q: Will there be weapon sway?

A: Yes the weapon sways in all directions while walking, and the weapon shoots exactly where its barrel points, using real calculations. The weapon also begins to sway when one is using ironsights for a longer time, though it sways a lot less then while walking.

Q: Are sniper rifles powerful enough? Or do I need five shots to kill someone ?

A: RO-Ostfront has a damage model designed after real weapons, a hit from a rifle to a torso/head location is a a guaranteed kill. Even with smaller calibre weapons, a hit in the head is fatal.

Q: Will there be grenade cooking?

A: Yes. On German grenades, the fuse starts as soon as you remove the splint. Russian grenades have a safety, you remove the splint and have to press the alternative fire button to remove the safety, as soon as its removed the fuse starts to burn.

Q: What if I run out of ammo? Where can I find some new weapons?

A: Unlike other games, weapons seldom lay around the next corner in RO-Ostfront, you have to get new ammo from fallen teammates or shoot an enemy and grab their weapon. If you are an MG Gunner, teammates may approach you and give you an ammo drum/belt, every class carries one instance of MG Ammo, so if you start going low on ammo, ask your team to give you some ammo.

Questions concerning the Infantry/Tank Commander Class

Q: How do Artillery/Rally Points work ?

A: A Commander/Tank Commander can place Rally Points on the Map, visible for every Soldier on his Side with his Binoculars (Secondary Fire). If a Commander (+Tank Commander) wants to call in Infantry, he uses his Binoculars and "looks" at the Target and selects his specific Target (Primary Fire), then one Teammember has to call in the Artillery Strike via the Radios placed somewhere on the Map. The Type and volume of Artillery Support avaible depends upon the Map, from Mortars over Artillery Canons to Katyusha Rockets.

Questions regarding Death and Respawning

Q: What happens when I die?

A: After a preset time (differs by maps/servers), you will get to fight again, either with the same class as before, or if you did select a different one, while you were dead, then you might spawn as that class.

Q: Are the dead bodies client or server side? And what do these have to do with ragdolls?

A: Ragdoll refers to the way that dead bodies behave. This is a client side thing calculating where the body falls, and if it goes downhill or gets stuck on a tree stump etc.

Q: How about spawning? Can every side spawn unlimited what they want or is there a restriction?

A: Yes there is a restriction, the spawn limits are all set up by the level designer. Usually maps of Red Orchestra are modelled after historical battles, and the amount of reinforcements is modelled after the size of the men and material that clashed. Though there is no limit on the weapon class in spawn numbers, but the total amount of certain classes are limited. Usually in early war scenarios there will be one Commander, one to three SMG Troopers, one or two MG Gunners and the rest is made up of regular soldiers (bolt rifle and grenades). Sometimes the setup allows for Senior Rifleman, who'll get a sidearm in addition of the above.

Q: Will spawncamping be possible?

A: All official maps to this Date don't allow for spawncamping, but sometimes its possible to throw grenades into the enemy spawn. Though as with every game, one can camp spawnexits.

Dette er en liten faq som brukere av Battlefield.no har sittet sammen

Hvor mye koster RO:O?

$24.95 ($22.45 hvis du kjøper spillet før det kommer)

Hvor kan jeg kjøpe det?

Du kan kjøpe det over steam eller www.steampowered.com

Mer komplett link finnes her: Trykk her.

Når er release?

Release dato er satt til Mars, mer vil ikke utviklerne si.

Koster det mer hvis jeg venter med å kjøpe spillet til det kommer?

Om du kjøper spillet før det slippes, pre-purchase, betaler du $22.45. Om du venter til det kommer betaler du $24.95. Du sparer altså $2.5 ved å kjøpe spillet før det kommer.

Hva er RO:O ?

RO:O er basert på Red Orchestra, en mod til UT2004. De vant en konkurranse hvor premien var tilgang til UT motoren, og har dermed lansert sitt eget spill

Hva slags sjanger er RO:O ?

RO:O er FPS spill med fokus på realisme, spillet er flerspillerfokusert.

Hva er systemkravene til RO:O?

Minimum:

CPU: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: 64 MB DX9 Compliant, 2 GB free hard drive space, DX 8.1 Compatible Audio, Windows 2000/XP

Anbefalt:

CPU: 2.4 GHZ, Video Card: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support, Sound Card: Eax Compatible

Trenger man Unreal Tournament 04 for å spille RO:O?

NEI. Spillet er et "stand-alone"-spill. Og hele spillet lastes ned fra Steam, eller legges inn fra CD/DVD (om det er det du bruker)

Noen steder jeg kan se en promotion film av dette mesterverket?

Åjada, Her.

Spillets Hjemmeside?

http://www.redorchestragame.com/http://www.redorchestragame.com/

Er spillet egnet for klan spilling?

Vanskelig å svare på, men "Dirle" har en fin formel :yell:

"man kommer sjeldent langt hvis man ikke spiller på lag, ensomme ulver blir skutt i fillebiter ganske raskt.

jeg vil driste meg til å si at RO er et av de beste klanspillene som finnes for øyeblikket."

Tenkte vi kunne jobbe videre på denne :blush:

Vil oppdatere denne etterhvert vist det er ønskelig, ser for meg at denne blir stor inntil det blir laget en egen side til spillet på Norsk.

Edited by IronTurd

Hva er RO:O ?

• RO:O er basert på Red Orchestra, en mod til UT2004. De vant en konkurranse hvor premien var tilgang til UT motoren, og har dermed lansert sitt eget spill

Hva koster RO:O?

• RO:O Koster XX Dollar

Hva slags sjanger er RO:O ?

• RO:O er FPS spill med fokus på realisme, spillet er flerspillerfokusert.

Hva kreves det for å spille RO:O ?

• Systemkravene er XXXXXXXXX

Skriver du det slikt, blir den enklere og mer oversiktlig :blush:

|edit| rettet det til slik det skulle være, snek seg inn en bug o_O

Wiki gir en veldig god forklaring på det meste, så lenge det ikke er har en politisk eller ideologisk tilknyttning :blush:

Men en ting jeg syns var litt rart:

Q: I tend to have pings up to 100ms to North American Servers. Will I be at a severe disadvantage ?

A: No the netcode of Red Orchestra - Ostfront was designed to make it playable without a disadvantage for a ping of up to 200ms.

Selv om animasjonene ikke hakker eller lignende, så er det vel en ulempe å se ting ca. 200ms senere enn resten. Og hvis jeg har forstått ping riktig så kan det den faktiske forsinkelsen være enda lengre hvis det ble sendt en oppdatering rett før en kritisk hendelse (f.eks. at fienden kommer rundt hjørnet).

Er jo dritt å være dø før du rekker å reagere :yell:

Når pingen runder 100 vil man begynne å merke ytelse, men RO mod kan man fint spille på europeiske servere med opp til 100 i ping, faktisk føler jeg at jeg treffer mye bedre da enn med 40 i ping i source

figurene beveger seg ikke så forferdelig fort i spillet...så det har litt mindre å si her... men ja...jeg har opplevd at folk plutselig har dukki opp rundt et hjørne som om de kommer ut av lufta.

Får bare tilbakemelding om at kortene jeg forsøker å betale med ikke er godtkjent av kortutsteder VISA. Noen flere som har problemer med dette?

Jeg hadde problemer med mastercardet mitt, men sendte en mail til Valve og forklarte hva som hadde skjedd (treig overføring fra en konto til en annen i banken). Og kortet ble akseptert igjen.

Visa er jeg usikker på, men er det en spesiel type visa så kan det by på problemer...

vil bare påpeke at det koster 24.95$ til vanlig på steam, og 22.95$ hvis man forhåndsbestiller. Man kan få inntrykk av at det koster 27.45$ sånn som det står i FAGen ' />

Ikke at det har så forferdelig mye å si da. Skambillig er det uansett p

Vet lite om dette spillet foreløpig.

Er dette et spill som er klanmateriell? Type teamplay og taktikk i fokus?

Ser meget imponerende ut. Akkurat sett teaseren.

Vet lite om dette spillet foreløpig.

Er dette et spill som er klanmateriell? Type teamplay og taktikk i fokus?

1273783[/snapback]

man kommer sjeldent langt hvis man ikke spiller på lag, ensomme ulver blir skutt i fillebiter ganske raskt.

jeg vil driste meg til å si at RO er et av de beste klanspillene som finnes for øyeblikket.

Etter å ha spilt beta, kan jeg ikke si annet enn at de dette er det beste klanspillet jeg har vært borti :tafse:

bedre en bf2 på bigwar ? :tafse:

Nå har jeg ikke spilt BigWar ennå, men det er uendelig mye bedre tilrettelagt klanspilling enn BF2 noen sinne kommer til å bli. Og det er en objektiv oppfattning av hvordan spillene er utviklet.

alt jeg har og si om BF2 nå er :w00t: og RO :thumbsup::tafse::blush:>D

Oh, Olga, eg gleeeeeedjar meg!

Nei, det er det som gjør hele spillet. Det er så bra for da kan man simulerer nøyaktig egenskapene til de forskjellige våpene. Sånn at man slipper å balanser de forskjellig våpnene sånn at et våpen ikke blir overlegent de andre, f.eks M60 i BF:V før den første patchen.

I spillet har en

3 typer MGer

3 typer bolt rifler

2 typer halvautomat rifler

5 typer SMGer

4 typer pistoler

1 type antitankrifle

1 type antipanser-rakettvåpen.

Og hvis du tenker på ingame, at det ikke er mer våpen å boltre seg på i en runde, synd. Realistisk sett gikk ikke alle tyskere og russere rundtom med SMGs og MGer. Det var mest brukt rifler, de som var av høyere rang var kanskje heldig å få hendene sine på et automatvåpen.

Egentlig, for russerene var du heldig om du fikk et våpen i det heletatt.

ja skal man tenkte realistisk så var det jo sånnt... men jeg hadde håpa det var *forskjellige* rifler... ikke at de var så forskjellige.. bare følelesen av at det er variasjon

typ dod

ja skal man tenkte realistisk så var det jo sånnt...  men jeg hadde håpa det var *forskjellige*  rifler...  ikke at de var så forskjellige.. bare følelesen av at det er variasjon

typ dod

1276161[/snapback]

på østfronten var det ikke slik at soldatene kunne velge og vrake i våpen før de gikk i kamp. de aller fleste tyskerene fikk en K98 på samme måte som at de aller fleste russerene fikk en mosin nagant. Ro prøver å være så realistisk som mulig og da kan ikke alle løpe rundt som feks. sniper. det som skjer når man begrenser våpen på den måten som blir gjort i Ro er at spillerene blir tvunget til å ta i bruk de samme taktikkene som de ville gjort hvis det var på ekte.

En annen venvittig bra greie ved RO er at du velger gjerne riffla til slutt uansett. Blir du god med den er blir du en gud på slagmarken. Og hver kill du får føles som en seier i seg selv :bleh:

Sign in to follow this