Battlefield.no
Sign in to follow this  
Foost3r

suggestion for new thing

Loving the server (although can't access it today since the server host changed)

A few requests to take into consideration,

View distance ... please can we have it about 1500 -2000 .. need to put them lovely sniper rifles & LD scopes to good use :)

Halo parachute, When windy sometimes its hard to steer the parachute due to wind effect as the parachute is too low, it's causing unnecessary suicides killing the K/D stats, also sometimes if spawning in at night it would be nice have option to glide to a lit area as no NV deployed on spawn in (probably beneficial to new players joining at night as running round /cycling in real dark isn't too much fun and NV is hard to find).

Sure I have more but these two would make me happy, Thanks :)

• Like 2

The server is currently down.

Last night the server was moved to a new host(which has more awesome specs). There's still a couple of things that needs to be sorted out and we hope to have it fixed and up and running within a few hours at the most.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your awesome response and suggestions Foost3r! We are currently discussing the viewdistance, as well as night time. We will find a good solution to your requests shortly!

I do have a couple of suggestions as well, more might be coming up in the future.

- Switch from Parachute to Halo Jump spawn (I know, this has been mentioned already a couple of times, but I cannot stress this enough, people keep dying over this over and over again)

- Get infiStAR (or a similar tool). In the last 24 hours somebody must have glitched into my base (which really isn't hard, because ArmA), and robbed the content some crates (the lost items were not that valuable, but I had special plans with the raw catfood which left me really disappointed). I am somebody who despises cheating and glitching, and something like this needs to be logged and reacted upon.

- Lower the price of Vishprin a little bit. It is supposed to be an intermediate between the Bandage and the Insta Doc, and costs almost as much as an Insta Doc right now, which renders it basically useless.

- Add a North-West spawn (for example Rogovo, Sosnovka or similar location). This will 1) vitalise the whole N/NW side of the map, 2) reduce frustration from players who either died to a player or AI, and has to spend lots of time to get back to their body, and 3) opens up the NW (airfield) a little more for PvP, while simultaneously not transforming it into a DM slaughterhouse.

- Respect loadouts spawn you sometimes with a gun and ammo, and sometimes only with a gun. Is this working as intended?

This is all I can think of it right now. Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by ThatIsNotImportantRightNow

- Infistar is allready installed, I think.

- Insta doc and vishprin prices are wierd, totally agree.

- NW spawn may interact in a good but also in a bad way.

For example. There is a mission, a war etc. going on around the vybor area. If they were to add a spawn around sosnovka, that war will never end.

But as you say, Rogovo and maybe zeleno, that would've been a good way to wide up the spawn selection.

- Respect loadouts are implented. But spawning with a weapon will make people abuse it and respawn near a trader over and over again to earn some easy cash.

• Like 1

I do have a couple of suggestions as well, more might be coming up in the future.

- Switch from Parachute to Halo Jump spawn (I know, this has been mentioned already a couple of times, but I cannot stress this enough, people keep dying over this over and over again)

- Get infiStAR (or a similar tool). In the last 24 hours somebody must have glitched into my base (which really isn't hard, because ArmA), and robbed the content some crates (the lost items were not that valuable, but I had special plans with the raw catfood which left me really disappointed). I am somebody who despises cheating and glitching, and something like this needs to be logged and reacted upon.

- Lower the price of Vishprin a little bit. It is supposed to be an intermediate between the Bandage and the Insta Doc, and costs almost as much as an Insta Doc right now, which renders it basically useless.

- Add a North-West spawn (for example Rogovo, Sosnovka or similar location). This will 1) vitalise the whole N/NW side of the map, 2) reduce frustration from players who either died to a player or AI, and has to spend lots of time to get back to their body, and 3) opens up the NW (airfield) a little more for PvP, while simultaneously not transforming it into a DM slaughterhouse.

- Respect loadouts spawn you sometimes with a gun and ammo, and sometimes only with a gun. Is this working as intended?

This is all I can think of it right now. Thank you for your consideration.

- We have Infistar running.

- The medicine is roughly priced based on how much health they give and how long it takes to achieve said health. Might need to be adjusted a little yeah.

- Regarding the spawnpoints we had a small discussion before the server went live if we should implement spawnpoints in Zeleno or somewhere north of Zeleno. If the only penalty of death is that it takes you a few minutes with a bike to get to your corpse(if it's still there) then that doesn't pose much of a challenge.

It's suppose to be(but its not really) hardcore. If you die near Sosnovka it doesn't take long to get back with a bike if you spawn in Komorovo. If you die near NW or Altar it definitely doesn't take long to get there if you spawn in Gvozdno. Same with NE = Berezino etc. We try to keep it farily balanced but we'll discuss it among the staff to see if there's a better option there somewhere.

Thanks for the input :)

• Like 1

"If the only penalty of death is that it takes you a few minutes with a bike to get to your corpse(if it's still there) then that doesn't pose much of a challenge"

But should death always have a penalty? take that NWAF firestation, one of the walls keeps swallowing me in and spitting me out dead no matter how I try to avoid it,, same with some other ArmA buildings/sandbags, I die from quite a lot of bugs more than players/ ai ... already carried its penalty IMO .. lol

Anyways,

Guns are disappearing quicker on bodies nr missions, > Due to ai losing their guns after a certain period of time, The guns are disappearing as well , pain in the ass when you do cycle that 7k back to body to finish missions up north ... (yeah I know, don't get shot ...)

Thank Q aswell for removing names from capture points :) helps the Lone Wolves a bit , especially those who know that person is on their own .

"If the only penalty of death is that it takes you a few minutes with a bike to get to your corpse(if it's still there) then that doesn't pose much of a challenge"

But should death always have a penalty? take that NWAF firestation, one of the walls keeps swallowing me in and spitting me out dead no matter how I try to avoid it,, same with some other ArmA buildings/sandbags, I die from quite a lot of bugs more than players/ ai ... already carried its penalty IMO .. lol

If you're not in a war with other players, and you're just on a loot run. ALT-F4 as soon as you get stuck in a wall. It's the only way to avoid getting swallowed :p

• Like 1

hello :)

I have thought if u can bring the ghost hawk in the game. u can just do so the guns dont work, that would be awesome. love that chopper :)

Edited by RW Predator

hello :)

I have thought if u can bring the ghost hawk in the game. u can just do so the guns dont work, that would be awesome. love that chopper :)

I merged your topic with this existing one, so dont be alarmed if your topic is gone >P

View distance ... please can we have it about 1500 -2000 .. need to put them lovely sniper rifles & LD scopes to good use :)

The reason for the "low" view distance is because not everyone has a computer that can handle a higher view distance than what we have currently. People with better PCs would have a great advantage on those who do not. We try to keep it as balanced as possible, that's why we recently increased the view distance from 800ish to 1200ish.

• Like 1

:hmm: 4 deaths in a row as cant spawn in due to wind, and yes i press s soon as spawn in ... K/D is getting destroyed :( I logged out because can't land ..can we not ground spawn till its fixed please (that's if they fix it) Not only that because you die ...you lose the marker of where you body was due to not having time to mark map on spawn in ... Had to leave due to lack of impatience ...lol :iiiiik:

:hmm: 4 deaths in a row as cant spawn in due to wind, and yes i press s soon as spawn in ... K/D is getting destroyed :( I logged out because can't land ..can we not ground spawn till its fixed please (that's if they fix it) Not only that because you die ...you lose the marker of where you body was due to not having time to mark map on spawn in ... Had to leave due to lack of impatience ...lol :iiiiik:

What k/d? Dont think anyone think about K/D in Exile, dont know where you see it either.

Would be cool with a blackmarket trader, where you can get everything for a cheaper price, but everything you sell is also cheaper... and no safe sone in it? Maybe I'm just :iiiiik:

But it would have to be a "unsnipeable", like deep in a forest, so that you don't get sniped from afar.

Or like a bandit/hero system

Would be cool with a blackmarket trader, where you can get everything for a cheaper price, but everything you sell is also cheaper... and no safe sone in it? Maybe I'm just :iiiiik:

But it would have to be a "unsnipeable", like deep in a forest, so that you don't get sniped from afar.

Or like a bandit/hero system

bandit/hero trader wont work in Exile since there is no respect point system like in Epoch that can make u a bandit or a hero. But the trader suggestion is not bad, and will take note of it for our next admin meeting.

• Like 1

Bring in some more boltaction snipers plz! there are to many semiauto snipers. i think the m320 is the only boltaction we have on the server. Maybe bring back m40a3, Lapua 338 and cz550. Nothing op :)

Bring in some more boltaction snipers plz! there are to many semiauto snipers. i think the m320 is the only boltaction we have on the server. Maybe bring back m40a3, Lapua 338 and cz550. Nothing op :)

Sadly none of those are in Arma 3, they are just for Arma 2.

Lapua is on the youtube arma 3 exile guys all the time. The same with the MK48❤️ Maybe a small mod is all it takes to bing back the oldies goldies?

If we did that, then everyone would have to download that exact mod in order to join the server. If we had a larger player base, it might be an option.

• Like 1

What happened to the knife ?? Thought it actually was good thing to keep the map clear of cars that cause the servers fps to drop.

It was taken out until we can find a more balanced way to keep it in, either by making it rare or raising the price a lot. 1500 to open up any vehicle was ludicrous.

• Like 1