Battlefield.no
Sign in to follow this  
cri74

DAYZ: Forslagskassen

Poenget var bare at det ikke er noe vits å bruke 5000coins på basics hver gang man er i Stary, det er ikke alle på serveren som sitter på 100briefs hver seg, eller som gidder å lootcycle telta.

It's extremely hard for us (the admin group) to balance the server right now, because everyone has different requests to make the server fit their needs.

There are people who focus on the Overwatch part and people who focus on the Epoch part.

The people who want to kill and roam all day long, want cheap weapons and cheap OP vehicles, and the people who like exploring, looting and playing DayZ as it is supposed to, want the prices of weapons, loot and vehicles to be high, to make it harder for the "warriors" to play.

It is very difficult, and thats why we try to listen to all the players, and find a stable and reasonable solution that fits all the players. It may not always be fair for some, but I do believe we do good work, and get most of it right, but that is why it is so important that you, the players help us by giving your opinion.

• Like 3

@Skogens Mann, yes and no, hero camp will offer you for about 10 guns almost 350k...the amount in 2hrs was about 750-800k.

@Senator, I'm not late for anything :D been on server since...looong time, i can state, you are destroying that balance you speak about. Even with players online, 20-30 i can get 300k without issues at the time within 1-2hours :)

@bshagen, that's exactly what will happen, you will still have 30-40players who will sit on pile of cash and be able to molestate new players... they will have cash and means to do it, they wont care if they die..this is where you destroy your precious PvP balance.

I'm trying to point that out and not how much i can lag my game around :D

Before you use to care if you loose something that's hard to get, nowadays its hilarious how ppl rush everywhere, that's not dayz..you are destroying both game concept and monetary balance. You wont get any "serious" players with that ;) Even i wont care if i loose 100-200k

@RunkulusMaximus, I'm aware of that also, but in a long run, having bad balance of what costs how much, players will leave as in the end you will make everything free...in that case you can as easy place everything on 0 and let the clans where more ppl are to molestate new players.

@Jocke, blabla aint helping anyone :D

Beeing an admin isnt just "listen" to what comunity ask's, i bet you are at 50-50 with prices of "too expensive" or "too cheap" you have to look forward, wage things up, cus at point where you are now, you wont get more players, ppl dont expect dayz to be easy, never did...just a minority of them do ;) as i said, yes have an ear open but never on cost of game concept.

EDIT: Wont get more ppl because they will get bored with concept you have, werry fast. Missed this part.

Greia var vel det at da kan heller alle være "rike", så kommer balansen av seg selv. Litt som i sykling - gi alle dop - da blir det i alle fall rettferdig. Men greit, jeg skal gi meg. :)

• Like 2

Servern jeg har vært på en stund får du kasta gull, gear og byggematerialer etter deg.

Full krig stort sett hele tiden.

Bank i hver trader så du bare tar ut gull og kjøper det du vil ha og rett ut i krigen igjen.....

Mitt inntrykk er at de fleste ønsker at ting skal være så enkelt som overhodet mulig og slippe å slite ræva av seg for å få ting til å gå rundt.

Det vil også altid være sånn at dem som er mest aktive vil ha mest gull og utstyr. Vil altid være ubalanse.

Så hvorfor ikke gjøre ting enkelt for alle så selv nye på servern kan komme i gang uten å måtte slite ræva av seg?

Litt av vitsen med overgangen fra Epoch til Overpoch er jo at det blir mer våpen og utstyr for å fokusere mer på pvp.

Wouldn't banks be decent, mostly for the new players as the "big players" probably won't mind losing it. And since you don't really just go around killing people for their money. It would probably make it alot easier for new players to actually getting into the server, instead of painfully farming 100k (while having fucking Rambo players hunt you) to put a safe somewhere you wont go for probably 1 week, and then you might have wasted around 200k that you could have spent on making a base? I think it would serve new players the most, and you would of course avoid having those assholes steal ya briefs which is only annoying, and not required for any of the parties.

Lol, i give up ...Thats exactly what I'm warning you about, you will have 20-40 Rambo players that will have power to hunt down new players that join in. They wont stand a chance because they wont have time to get even those 100k to make anything ,lil less the base ;)

Rambo players wont care what they loss, because it will be easy for them to come by things that new players wont have time to even approach.

Google translate translates norwegian same as croatian, Good for nothing, so if im missing something please do clarify :Congrats:

Actually, in this case, Google Translate has been quite good you, you might be Norwegian soon. Hint Hint: Don't listen to Jocke, that's Swedish, nobody want's to learn that. :p

Seriosly tho, I do understand the server admins here, it's hard to make it balanced. At the very end, I wish for the old Epoch server with more guns and more action with better loot. :)

Jocke has nothing with it and personally I don't care bout states/countries :) Your head admin is what got me here and what keeps me here since he is here :D

I am however calculating how gameplay will look like, after 3-4weeks. It will be really hard for newcomers, because of (as Iceman called them) Rambo players. Than gameplay will become highly unfair and lame.

For example, would you attack somebody at this moment with your good equipment and vehicle if you know that you will need maybe 15-30minutes to get same things? I bet most people will, they will rush that attack as if we play battlefield.

While idea, or concept of game is that you role play it, the concept of "character kill". Yes PvP, but with "fear" of loosing something. If we get things cheaper, this will be lost and new players wont have use of it, because there will be 2-3 venoms flying around coast. If helicopter is lost, they will have money to buy new one in matter of minutes, that's economic disbalance we will have and we will not gain new players that will want to stay.

From what I got by now, some of players here force death match server, while DayZ is not that. There are Arma2 mods that work as DM and are made with less bug's than DayZ. What I also got is that those same players are looking forward of playing as Rambo's :)

I would like more active and new players online also, but I'm too long in this kind of work and I'm sure that consequences of bad economy wont look good, specially for new comers.

On my side of story, I'll get fed up with game in month or so, than I need a brake from it. I wont gain or lose anything. However server will in a long run.

• Like 2

Actually, in this case, Google Translate has been quite good you, you might be Norwegian soon. Hint Hint: Don't listen to Jocke, that's Swedish, nobody want's to learn that. :p

Seriosly tho, I do understand the server admins here, it's hard to make it balanced. At the very end, I wish for the old Epoch server with more guns and more action with better loot. :)

För att vara norsk och säger en sådan kommentar så vet du inte mycket om norsk historia.... tragiskt :hmm:

:huh:

Håpet du tok den åpenbare spøken mellom rivaliserende naboer, men det gjorde du altså ikke. For det beklager jeg.

:huh:

Håpet du tok den åpenbare spøken mellom rivaliserende naboer, men det gjorde du altså ikke. For det beklager jeg.

Men vet ju aldri ;)

Anyone that misses the ability to build and take apart your own mozzie? i really do.

And yes, i know it was a bit bugged.... but so is changing clothing, and has been since vanilla dayz. (noone running around as survivor forever for that reason.)

Suggestion from my part; enable that function again.

• Like 1

Ingen mod som låser forskjellige skin til hero, bandit og vanlig klassene? Sånn at man kan skille hvem er hva. Og likevel et godt utvalg typer skins? Mer fordel med å være hero og hjelpe andre, enn å være bandit? enda mer positiv humanity for hero som skyter bandit...?

Liker godt nivået med antall zeds på server atm, håper det holdes slik eller de fjernes heilt.

• Like 1

Ingen mod som låser forskjellige skin til hero, bandit og vanlig klassene? Sånn at man kan skille hvem er hva. Og likevel et godt utvalg typer skins? Mer fordel med å være hero og hjelpe andre, enn å være bandit? enda mer positiv humanity for hero som skyter bandit...?

Liker godt nivået med antall zeds på server atm, håper det holdes slik eller de fjernes heilt.

Vanilla har alltid gjort det, Overwatch og DayZero gjør det også. Men er ikke i Epoch, så er vanskelig å få til.

Hyggelig du liker hva vi prøver å få til med zombiene, vi driver å tester ut litt forskjellige verdier på hvordan de spawner, vi setter stor pris på tilbakemeldinger. Ideelt sett skulle vi sett at det ikke spawner zombier på åpne sletter, men bare ved bygninger/objekter men vi jobber med å finjustere dette.

Anyone that misses the ability to build and take apart your own mozzie? i really do.

And yes, i know it was a bit bugged.... but so is changing clothing, and has been since vanilla dayz. (noone running around as survivor forever for that reason.)

Vi har tatt til oss hva folk mente om denne funksjonen etter at vi la den til, vi gjorde en beslutning i admin-gruppen om at dette skulle taes bort etter en prøveperiode.

Etter at vi tok vekk vekt-systemet var det ingenting som stoppet folk i å ha flere mozzier i sekken, vi mener dette blir for enkelt og kan "missbrukes". Vi har kompensert bortgangen med at man nå kan kjøpe mozzie hos alle tradere.

• Like 1

Vi føler det er for ekstremt å skal kunne skru sammen et helikopter. Det er for "OP". rekker i massevis å kunne mekke sykkel eller motorsykkel. Vi må jo prøve å bevare litt av det DayZ var laget for.

• Like 1

You could for example make easier for heroes to distinguish bandit, survivor or another hero, for example change of aim color would be cool. I don't like loosing humanity, nor I know who I can shoot at.

Other option that should be easily coded is, track of how much cash you spend, for example every 1million of coins you spend, things can get 1% more expensive, this way new players will have advantage over those who play on server for some time and you could reduce "start price" of everything, to make more balanced play.

I bet some or most of you saw somewhere a bots around cities, bots that are randomly spawned as heroes or bandits, one will shoot you on sight other will shoot only when you aim at them. This would create some confusion among players(bandits) and spawned zeds. Also not that when you have 20+ players online, 50 more zeds wont make any difference in server bandwidth. Keeping them on one place for 15-25 minutes at random , than removing them will add to confusion(with some delay time in "new spawn"). :)

Yes I think bandits should have harder gameplay, maybe return that on bandit price camp and reduce prices for about 10-20% ,actual "black market".

The whole server consists of bandits, it's the after all the easiest way, we all shoot at sight. Too many people watch Frankie, nobody acts like him or his scripted videos. Get rid of the bandit/hero-thing, it makes no sense when the game balances it as it does.

Vanilla har alltid gjort det, Overwatch og DayZero gjør det også. Men er ikke i Epoch, så er vanskelig å få til.

Hyggelig du liker hva vi prøver å få til med zombiene, vi driver å tester ut litt forskjellige verdier på hvordan de spawner, vi setter stor pris på tilbakemeldinger. Ideelt sett skulle vi sett at det ikke spawner zombier på åpne sletter, men bare ved bygninger/objekter men vi jobber med å finjustere dette.

Vi har tatt til oss hva folk mente om denne funksjonen etter at vi la den til, vi gjorde en beslutning i admin-gruppen om at dette skulle taes bort etter en prøveperiode.

Etter at vi tok vekk vekt-systemet var det ingenting som stoppet folk i å ha flere mozzier i sekken, vi mener dette blir for enkelt og kan "missbrukes". Vi har kompensert bortgangen med at man nå kan kjøpe mozzie hos alle tradere.

Men 60 vegger kan du ha i sekken og løpe maraton tvers over mappet med...... :-)

The whole server consists of bandits, it's the after all the easiest way, we all shoot at sight. Too many people watch Frankie, nobody acts like him or his scripted videos. Get rid of the bandit/hero-thing, it makes no sense when the game balances it as it does.

Exactly!!! You only confirmed what I already made clear :) If heroes would have this kind of advantage, I wouldn't loose 2500 humanity for killing a survivor ;) And you also made clear you like to play Rambo and kill everything in your way :D but that's your style of gaming. I'm also sure there is several bandits that would disagree with your conclusion of "Get rid of the bandit/hero-thing".

Just a question for you, do you want to expand gameplay on server or degrade it?

Again Deny, you are late to the game. The hero/bandit discussion was something most of us left in 2013, its non existing anymore, its not relevant. The game have moved on, only way you could achieve the things you are talking about is to join some sort of RP-community.

I also find it hard to conclude something specific from your previous posts.

Please use this tread to put out suggestions that are possible to implement, do the research and provide links or other material backing the suggestion. (This is mentioned several times in this tread, but only in Norwegian)

Almost all of the scripts that we use on the server are made by the Epoch community, use their site, search and read up on the scipts/addons that you suggest.

This is Overpoch, not vanilla or regular Epoch. Overwatch was made for people who want action faster. Making HUGE changes to that is not what we are looking for, if you want to play something that you describe here, then this mod is not for you i'm afraid.

Clarify late? lol

I'm playing for some longer time on the server, I don't remember any issues around prices 6-12mo ago or "faster game". Also, you are claiming that the 2nd time now, but I still see ppl talk about it in past few weeks in this topic. Move on,..where? :)

Vanilla,...you do realize I am not speaking about "clear" DayZ?

If you are saying that 60-70% of ppl(majority) that play on this server want a DM server, in that case I got things wrong.

I agree that Epoch/Overpoch should be harder. No one really cares when they lose their gear because everyone can gear up fully in under 30 minutes if they want to, which is sad considering how much you valued your AKM in vanilla DayZ.

Overpoch or not, the server should't and wont turn into a DM-server.

• Like 3

Mulig å fjerne det der'e you have pressed a forbidden key bullshittet?

Én misclick mens man flyr er jo tilnærmet garantert kræsj. Vet om flere som synes det er en uting, ikke bare meg.

• Like 3